1/3/2017 Procrastination isn't a waste of time
During a period of procrastination, a number of years ago, I found myself browsing statistics on Visit England´s website and came across a list of activities on overnight trips in England. It hasn't changed too much since - here is the list for 2015 -
1. Just Relaxing – Robin Hood Caravan Park is set in a perfect, quiet and tranquil location. Grab yourself a book and escape from the real world for a while.
2. Sightseeing on Foot – Call into reception during your stay and borrow one of our many walking books or have a browse through Visit Ryedale for other walking ideas.
3. Short Walk/stroll – up to 2 miles/1 hour – that’ll get you to 2 local pubs. Grab a copy of our walking treasure trail and have a wander around Slingsby solving clues as you go.
4. Sightseeing by car – Howardian Hills, North York Moors National Park, York – all on our doorstep. From Easter 2017, we will also be offering a treasure trail that can be completed by car - passes a couple of pubs and attractions so you can make a full day of it.
5. Visiting a beach – we are only 35 mins from the coast – Our family favourite is Sandsend with room for little ones in the paddling area or try bodyboarding with the older kids in the sea. Beaches are also found in Scarborough, Filey, Cayton Bay, Hunmanby Gap – loads to choose from
6. Long Walk/Hike or ramble – walks are available from reception – or borrow our O.S. Maps and take yourself off exploring
7. Centre based walking (around a town or city) - check out Treasure Trails – a great way of seeing our local towns
8. Visiting a museum – Eden Camp, York Castle Museum, National Railway Museum, Beck Isle Museum – the list goes on.....
9. Have a picnic or BBQ – Dalby Forest, Hutton-le-Hole – keep an eye on our website as I build a list of picnic places
10. Visiting a country park – oooooh – what defines a country park?
11. Visiting a historic house, stately home or palace - Castle Howard and Nunnington Hall within 3 miles of Robin Hood Caravan Park
12. Visiting a cathedral, church, abbey or other religious building - York Minster, Rievaulx Abbey
13. Swimming (indoors or outdoors) - St Alban Centre at Ampleforth College, Derwent Pool in Malton, Helmsley Outdoor Pool
14. Visiting a garden - Helmsley Walled Garden, the gardens of Castle Howard or Nunnington Hall, Wolds Way Lavender, Yorkshire Lavender
15. Attending a special event of a personal nature such as a wedding, graduation, christening – Let us know if you are attending a special event as we can help arrange taxis, flowers, balloons etc
16. Special shopping for items you do not regularly buy
17. Visiting a castle/other historic site - Pickering Castle, Helmsley Castle, Rievaulx Abbey
18. Visiting another type of attraction - Groovy Moo's Ice Cream Parlour has to be on your list - I can highly recommend a visit.
19. Visiting a theme/amusement park – Flamingo Land, Light Water Valley
20. Viewing architecture or buildings – Historic City Walls of York,